Angel has the measuring spoons out and the pot on the boil.
Come on in and share your recipes and tips, ask a question or two or just get hungry from reading about great food.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sandi's McDonald's-Style Asian Salad

I’ve been on the hunt for healthy salads for the new year. My co-worker Sandi Gubel shared her version of McDonald’s Asian Salad. She suggests that if you'd like to make it a heartier meal add orange-glazed chicken. I’m leaving the measured amounts of ingredients up to you chefs - so customize to your heart’s content! I love this combination!


Ingredients:
spinach
cucumbers
snow peas
orange pieces, or mandarin oranges
sliced almonds, toasted if you like
Asian salad dressing

Note: McDonald’s adds Newman’s Own Low-Fat Sesame Ginger dressing – if that brand is not available, try using another brand such as Kraft.

2 comments:

  1. I have just one word for this... YUM! I'm eager to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am trying to be healthy I always find myself drawn to Thai/Malasian style dishes especially the broths. I don't normally put almonds in my salads but your combination looks really good, I will give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete